What is Paediatric Rheumatology?
Paediatric rheumatologists care for infants, children and adolescents with many different conditions involving the joints, bone and muscle. These conditions can affect any part of the body from the skin to the deep organs. Many children and teenagers have painful muscle and bone problems.
Paediatric rheumatologists are expert in the diagnosis and management of both inflammatory autoimmune conditions as well as painful non-inflammatory conditions such as:
- juvenile arthritis and other types of arthritis and joint swelling
- systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)
- connective tissues disease
- chronic and widespread pain complaints
- sports related pain and injuries
- growth related pains
- chronic fatigue