ResourcesThe paediatric medical field is experiencing increased demand for services due to Covid-19. This has created longer than usual wait times for paediatric appointments.
What can you do in the meantime whilst you are waiting for your child’s appointment? Or do you require further information regarding your child’s needs?
Victorian Children’s Clinic have provided the following links to useful resources and services for children and their families.
COVID-19 Vaccination Vaccine Eligibility Checker
Child & Adolescent General Health Links
ADHD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
- ADHD fact sheet Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH)
- ASCIA Australian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy
- Asthma Information Sheets Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH)
- Asthma videos Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH)
- AMAZE previously Autism Victoria
- ACT-NOW fact sheets Monash University
- Yellow ladybugs Helping girls with Autism
Children with disability
- ACD Association for Children with a disability
- NDIS National Disability Insurance Scheme
- NDIS Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) For children 7 and under
- Around the Dinner Table Forum – FEAST Global online community of parents affected by eating disorders.
- Butterfly Foundation
- Eating Disorders Victoria
- Feed your instinct & Parent Support Forum CEED – Centre of Excellence in Eating Disorders.
Help lines for support in difficult times:
- Parent Line – 13 22 89
- Butterfly National Helpline (8am to midnight) – 1800 33 4673
- MVEC Melbourne Vaccine Education Centre
Mental Health Support Services
- Australian Psychological Society Find a suitable psychologist near you (search by issue / location)
- Headspace National Youth Mental Health Foundation
- Kids Helpline
- Orygen North Western Mental Health. Support for young people aged 15 to 24 years, and their families and friends.
- Early in Life Mental Health Service (ELMHS) psychiatric triage for children in crisis. Outreach program for post suicide and self-harming. Available to those who live the cities of Cardinia, Casey, Greater Dandenong, Kingston and Monash.
- CYMHS Specialist mental health service for 12-25
- Head to Help Supports mental health of Victorians of all ages.
- Beyond Blue Mental health and well-being of children 0-12 years.
- Youth Beyond Blue Beyond blue’s youth program – information and resources about mental illness for youth aged 12–25 years.
- Reachout Mental health services directly to adolescents and young people.
24-hour telephone help lines:
- Kids Help Line – 1800 55 1800
- Lifeline – 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue – 1300 224 636
- Suicide Call Back Service – 1300 659 467
- Suicide Helpline (VIC) – 1300 651 251
- Sleep Hygiene fact sheet Habits to help you have a good night’s sleep.
Dr Margie – Paediatrician, mum & RCH health blogger
Read Dr Margie Danchin’s latest blog here. (You will be redirected to the RCH site)