What is Paediatric Occupational Therapy?
Paediatric Occupational Therapists can evaluate your child’s skills in a variety of areas, including play, school and other everyday activities.
Paediatric occupational therapists help improve a child’s cognitive, physical, sensory and motor skills, to build their skills and confidence. By working alongside and encouraging involvement of parents and teachers, therapy can be incorporated into everyday activities at home and school.
We support children to participate in everyday activities such as:
- Fine motor skills like drawing, cutting and handwriting
- Gross motor skills like climbing, balance and ball skills
- Social skills such sharing and taking turns, making friends
- Challenging behaviour
- Dressing and toileting
- Fussy eating
- Managing emotions
- Play skills
- Sensory processing
- Self-care and independence
Paediatric Occupational Therapists support children with:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Developmental delay
- Fine or gross motor delay
- Social-emotional challenges